With everyone’s help we can make this a SAFE and QUICK system. Our systems will help you get in and out as quickly as possible, but SAFETY will always be our first priority. Please follow all safety signs.
Morning Drop Off
- If you are driving South on 8th Street, please use the cut out right in front of the building to drop off your student. This is the quickest and safest way to drop off your student.
- Have students exit vehicle on the curb side only. Never on street side.
- If you are waiting in line several cars back from the crosswalks, please have your student exit the vehicle and walk up to the crosswalk area. Stopping right at the crosswalk or corner slows traffic tremendously.
- Students are to cross the street at the crosswalk area only, never crossing in the middle of the block.
- In addition to the current plan, you may utilize the 6th St. entrance for morning drop off. To keep traffic moving, all traffic should head north on 6th St.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Students should enter your vehicle on the curb side only.
- Please do not stop in the traffic lane to wait for your student; this blocks and slows traffic. Pull over curbside or go around the block if your student is not out front yet.
- Please do not park in front of any crosswalks. This makes it very difficult for students to cross the street safely.
- In addition to the current plan, you may utilize the 6th St. entrance for after school pick up. To keep traffic moving, all traffic should head north on 6th St.
General Safety Tip
Most of the time middle school students do a great job of following safety procedures for crossing a street. HOWEVER, they are easily distracted and can often cross without looking or thinking. Please be extra cautious any time you are near the school.